Start a Business In US

Home >Start a Business In US

Start a Business In US

As an immigrant there are two visas you can consider the L 1 and the E2 Visa. Both are initially non immigrant visas. They are both start at two years. However, this time period can be incremented out over a two year period.

Of the two, for starting a business the E2 visa would be a better route to take. The L1 is geared up more to employees in major companies.

E2 Visa

To qualify you must:

  • Be a member of a treaty country that is in partnership with the Unites States
  • Unlike the EB5 visa, there is no minimum amount need for starting up a business. However, the sum needs to be large enough to set up a business..
  • You need to show that you are willing to take a risk with your assets and are willing to start a new business.
  • The business must be show it is active, real, and it is producing goods and/or services
  • The business should generate enough profit to support you and any possible family.
  • You must be coming to the United States to set up a business that is totally owned by you. You need to show that you own at least 50% of the overall company, if a partner is also contributing to the proposed company.
  • The partner is expected to have come from the same treaty country

A problem with the E2 visa is that it does not automatically lead onto a Green Card, which is the case with the L1 visa. The E2 does currently lead to unlimited extensions. These are considerations that could be discussed with Visa Emperor.


The United States visa system seems very straight forward, stable and logical. For more details on the application process please do not hesitate to contact Visa Emperor.

What to do next


Getting started is simple, just fill out our Free Assessment form, or call us for an assessment for the most suitable visa for you.

Click for Free