Skills Select Australia
Home > Skills Select Australia
Skills Select Australia
You are thinking seriously of moving to Australia for good and finding permanent work there. If you a have family, or dependent relatives, you’ re wondering if you could move them as well. You are also worried about the general process of getting there. How do you go about this? What documentation will you need? What other preparation is there?
This is the first step you will have to take if you are considering getting an appropriate visa and moving permanently to Australia.
The Australian Government requires this set of information in order to start this process:
- A set of standard questions about personal information. This will include, name, date of birth and your full address.
- Your nominated occupation. There are various ways you can about this. This means finding employment with an Australian company or organization that is registered with this scheme.
- You must have a detailed record of all past work experience.
- Again, all past education and relevant courses you have undertaken needs to be fully documented.
- Your English skills. Even if you are a native English speaker it would be a good idea to have your level checked. These two organizations are used by the Australian Government, IELTS (International English Language Testing System), PTE (Pearson Test of English) and OET (Occupational English Test). It would be very important to get your English skills assessed by either of these tests, prior to taking a points test for entry to Australia.
- You will also have to show details, diplomas and qualifications to show the level of skill you possess. This relates directly to your nominated occupation.
- Do you have any investment or business experience? This could help you with your application.
Points Based Test
The pass mark is 60. You can get good scores and be pretty sure of success if you are highly competent at English, are between 25 and 30 years old, have a higher degree such as a doctorate, and a continuous work record abroad or in Australia. However, do not worry, if you cannot fulfill all of those criteria. There are other ways of picking up marks.
This should not be a worry as there is a comprehensive range of occupations. This covers a very wide range of professions and craft skills which are in demand in Australia.
Expression of Interest (EI)
By applying on line, you can be noticed by a potential Australian employer, or a specific Territory or State. They can then invite you to apply for the appropriate visa.
You can go about this with ICS Visas Simply by simply filling out the Free Assessment form while using our official web site to start the application process. This will help you find the right visa to move permanently to Australia.