Home > Saskatchewan Provincial Nominee

Saskatchewan Provincial Nominee


Saskatchewan is a very large province in western central Canada. It is very much prairie, large areas of flat grass land. Consequently, farming is very important there, especially wheat farming. Mining, oil and gas extraction are also other crucial parts of the economy.

The Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program (SINP), offers a number of different routes for anyone wanting to move to Saskatchewan Canada. These are:

  • International Skilled Worker Category: This is for anyone who is a skilled worker living abroad wanting to move too and work in Saskatchewan.
  • Saskatchewan Experience Category: This is designed for foreigner workers and nationals already living and working here.

Entrepreneur and Farm Category:  For investors, entrepreneurs and managers who want to manager a company or farming concern in Saskatchewan.


How to get to Saskatchewan

The first stage is that you are invited by Saskatchewan as a Saskatchewan Provincial Nominee.

Then if the nomination process has been successful, you can then apply to the Canadian Federal Government using Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).



Some Important Points

Provincial Immigration officers will give you help and detailed assistance, within a very reasonable time span.

 The Saskatchewan Government makes the final decision regarding your Saskatchewan Provincial Nominee application. If successful, you will be identified as a SINP applicant and can apply as a permanent resident in Saskatchewan and Canada using the IRCC visa program.



Be aware there are a set number of different workers and occupations only, allowed to work in Saskatchewan for any given year.


Please Note

The Saskatchewan Provincial Government works in conjunction with Canadian visa offices around the world. It is best to deal with official offices and web sites. You can use proven immigration agencies on line.



Looking now at the three different categories of workers and occupations:

International Skilled Worker.

This is turn in is divided into three different categories:

International Skilled Worker:

  • Employment Offer:  You have a job offer as in Saskatchewan and meet all the relevant criteria.
  • Occupation in Demand: You do not have a current job offer but you are highly skilled in an “in-demand occupation in the province” and meet all the relevant criteria.
  • Saskatchewan Express Entry:  You have joined the Immigration, Refugee, Canada (IRCC) Express Entry Pool.  You want to work and live in Saskatchewan.You have met the current criteria for entry.



Applicants with Saskatchewan Experience

This applies to anyone who has an existing permit and wants to apply to be a Saskatchewan Provincial Nominee (SINP) can do to gain permanent residency.

 This can apply to health professionals such as doctors and nurses. There is a specific project for long haul truck drivers.

 Students who have graduated from a post-secondary High School or Secondary School, along with graduates and post graduates could also be eligible to be a Saskatchewan Provincial Nominee (SINP).


Applicants who wish to apply as a Farm Owner and operator

This applies to someone with a proven record and a lot of experience of running and possibly owning a farm. Who has sufficient money and capital to put this into operation. The commitment and desire to set up a farming operation in Saskatchewan.  This could make you eligible to be a Saskatchewan Provincial Nominee (SINP).

These are the general categories the you should consider using to apply for a Saskatchewan Provincial Nominee



How to Make an Appointment to become a Saskatchewan Provincial Nominee.

You set up your account.  You must be sure that all the different categories are filled in.  All your documents forms, and supporting information should be scanned onto a PDF file format. It is important you keep all your documentation safe.  You will need to show all of this when you are seen by immigration inspectors in Saskatchewan. You must be systematic in your approach. Any documents that are not properly filled in, or if there is any information missing, could mean that your application is rejected.


 Temporary Work Visa

You and your family could be able to get to Saskatchewan while you are having your permanent residency visa processed.  You have applied to SINP, and your application has been improved. A letter supporting your Temporary Work Visa can then be produced. The Federal IRCC approves your application, then you and your family will be able to emigrate to Saskatchewan. This can happen, even though the IRCC is processing your visa application.


Important Point

Only when the IRCC has issued your permanent residence visa, should you decide to sell any properties, or move any assets to Saskatchewan.



The Final Stage

If all goes well, you will receive a positive reply and you will be able to move to Australia and start working there.


What You Must be Able to Show :

To look now at more detail at the application process. You will have to fulfill a number of different criteria. Looking in particular at the International Skilled Worker: Employment Offer: You have a skilled job application job offer from Saskatchewan, however you need to show the following:


Saskatchewan Immigration Nominee Program (SINP) point assessment grid:

You must score a minimum of 60 out of 100 points over all.

This is a summary looking at maximum and minimum points.


A Master’s degree or Doctorate: 23 points. A one year program of study at degree level, diploma, certificate, or trade certificate: 12 points.

Skilled Work Experience

Working for 5 years before your visa application: 10 points.

Working for two years before your visa application:  2 points.


Language Ability

This is a very part of your overall application as a Saskatchewan Provincial Nominee, but in general in the Federal Canadian visa application process.

 There is a test for English and for French. In Saskatchewan to main language will be English, but it would also be useful to have a good understanding of French as well.

There are two official English Language testing systems: The Canadian English Language Proficiency Index Program (CELPIP) and the International English Language Testing System (IELTS).

Both tests are divided into four different categories: reading, writing, listening and speaking. The French equivalent test is the test devaluation de francais and has the same range for testing. For the Language Test, you will be given a Canadian Language Benchmark score (CLB). This will be added to your overall points score.

Given the importance of this test, it would be very wise if you took some lessons and sample tests prior to your actual test. The web site listing all the Canadian visa offices worldwide, would be a good starting point, for advice on good language teachers and organizations in your home country.

Even if you consider yourself a good speaker of either English or French, do not become complacent and simply enter this test without prior preparation.

The CLB language test results translate into the following over all point scores”

Highest: CLB 8 plus:                           20 points

Lowest: CLB  4:                                        12 points



The points break down in the following way, regarding your age:

Less than 18 years:                                      0 points

Highest score: 22 – 34 years:                       12 points

Low Score: 46- 50 years:                              8 points

Greater than 50:                                           0 points


Connection to the Saskatchewan Labor Market and Your Adaptability

If you are in a highly skilled occupation, and you have a job offer from a Saskatchewan employer, this could give you a maxim of 30 points.


Close family relatives in Saskatchewan

If any of your close family is Canadian and are also Saskatchewan, such as your wife, husband, children, nieces, nephews, uncles, aunts etc., this could give you a maxim of 20 points.


Past work experience in Saskatchewan

This includes 12 months’ work over the last 5 years, having a valid work permit. This will give you 5 points.


Past Student Experience in Saskatchewan

This includes a year studying in a recognized Saskatchewan educational institution, post-secondary/high school. This will give you 5 points.




Regulated Occupations and Licensing Requirements

If you want to find a potential job in Saskatchewan, on method but be to use the official Canadian on line job bank. This will give you a detailed breakdown of the types of jobs and occupation which are available. You can see if your skills, experience and qualifications match any of the potential jobs which are on offer.

Regulated Bodies and occupations may require you to undertake an examination plus work experience under supervision. Regulated bodies include professions such as architects and accounts. Licensing relates to health professionals. Again, trades such as refrigeration mechanics, plumbers, electrician and sheet metal works are also regulated.



NOC National Occupation Clarification

This is a system that allocates a code to each profession and occupation. Broad codes are used to group types of occupations.  Therefore, O is managerial, A is professional requiring a specialist degree, doctor architect etc., B, are skilled occupations having completed two to three years post-secondary training or apprenticeships, C semi-skilled occupations, having completed secondary school or high school and D laboring and unskilled occupations.

Once you have been given a formal job offer letter, the occupation should be in these NOC categories, O, A or B. If you have a background in catering etc. you can apply for the Hospitality Sector Project and for those with a background in Heath Care, Health Professionals.




As you can see there are many variables and elements to consider in the process of wanting to be a Saskatchewan Provincial Nominee, and what comes afterwards.

To negotiate around this whole system might well require outside guidance. So, an experienced Immigration Agency could be worth contacting to help you with this overall process.

What to do next


Getting started is simple, just fill out our Free Assessment form, or call us for an assessment for the most suitable visa for you.

Click for Free