Canada – Provincial Nominee Investor Visa
Home > Canada Provincial Nominee Investor Visa
Provincial Nominee Investor Visa
There are a number of different Provincial nominee investor visa schemes available. Therefore to look at a selection in some detail.
British Colombia Provincial Nominee Program
This is design for a business person who is willing to invest in and manage a business in British Colombia.
To do this you will need to meet the following requirements:
- You will need to show you have a net worth of $600,000 CAD.
- That you have the necessary financial and management skills.
- That you are able to gain legal status in Canada. This will involve police checks, checks on your financial situations, along with a possible medical examination.
You will also need to show that you are a legal resident in the country you currently live in.
For more information on any of this please contact Visa Emperor, who will be more than willing to help you.
Further jobs, business and investment requirements:
- You will need to purchase an existing business and improve it. Alternatively, you will set up an eligible and suitable new business.
- You must be able to invest a minimum of $200,000 CAD into the proposed business.
- You will need to be able create at least one new job in your proposed business for either a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident in Canada.
You will need to pay the following fees for this visa application, These are $300 CAD registration fee, $3,500 CAD application fee, and $1000 CAD for each application of a key staff member.
Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program (SINP)
This visa program involves submitting an Expression of Interest (EOI). This will also mean that you will have to apply using the Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program Entrepreneur program option.
The Expression of Interest, is not that actual application. You will have to show you sufficient prior experience. That you have the funds available. You will also need to show that you want to live and set up your business or enterprise in Saskatchewan.
The next stage in the process is that your EOI is added to a candidates “pool”, This is then given a points score. You must be able to meet the minimum requirements. If you are successful you are invited to submit an application.
The minimum requirements include the following:
- You will need to show that you have $500.000 CAD in both business and personal assets.
- That you have had at least 3 years experience as an entrepreneur or in business over a 10 year period.
- That you intend to invest a minimum of $300,000 CAD in Saskatchewan along with Regina or you intend to invest $200,000 CAD in other Saskatchewan communities.
The Business Establishment Plan (BEP) comes next. You will also need to have filled out a Business Establishment Plan (BEP), if you have been selected from the initial pool of candidates. This will need to match the criteria in the Saskatchewan Entrepreneur Category Points Grid. You need to show that you have ownership of at least one third of the business, unless the investment is $1 million CAD or more. You be actively involved in the business on a day to day basis. That you also intend to employ at least two Saskatchewan Canadian or Saskatchewan permanent residents in the enterprise (The last point applies if you are opening a new business in Saskatchewan or Regina).
Invitation to Apply
If you are successful and you have been selected, then you will be invited to apply for the SINP. There will be a further verification process. You will then be given a SINP Entrepreneur Approval letter. You are then given an initial temporary work permit. You will also be able to set up your business, legally in Saskatchewan. You will need to have agreed to a Business Performance Agreement. If this has been satisfied, then Saskatchewan will nominate you for permanent residence in Saskatchewan and Canada.
If this all appears more than a bit complicated then Visa Emperor will happily guide you through each stage of the Saskatchewan application process.
Prince Edward Island Business Impact Category.
This scheme is designed for business men and women along with entrepreneurs, who can show leadership and determination in setting up a business.
There are three different immigrant streams that can be considered. These streams are :
- 100% ownership
- part Ownership
- Work Permit
To look at the 100% Ownership Stream in more detail, the following requirements are needed for the 100% Ownership Scheme.
- You must be between 21 and 59 years old.
- You will need to have available a minimum amount of $600,00 CAD for investment. This must have been shown to be legally obtained.
- The minimum education requirement is a high school education or equivalent.
- You must show a solid employment record and that you have transferable business skills.
- You will need to have passed either an ILETS (International English Language Testing system) getting at least a 4.0, or the equivalent Test d’evaluation de Francais TEF, French language test.
- You will also need to provide a detailed business plan for 100% ownership.
- Show that you will be actively and constantly involved in managing a business on Prince Edward Island.
- You will need to sign a escrow agreement. This lays down stipulations that you will deposit $200,000 CAD, that will be paid back by the province when the terms of the agreement have been met.
- Also make a minimum investment of $150,000 in an existing business in Prince Edward Island.
Please note there are a number of ineligible businesses. This is a list of some businesses that would not be allowed. These are bed and breakfast, businesses based at home, hobby farms, pay day loans, pawn shops and similar concerns, professional and financial services, real estate, insurance and business brokerage
As with the other examples once you have successfully passed these first stages you can start the process of becoming a permanent resident in Canada. Visa Emperor will help you each step of the way.
There are a number of other investment and business opportunities in a number of different Canadian Provinces and Territories. Again, Visa Emperor is more than happy to help you explore these with them.