J1 Work Visa

Home >J1 Work Visa

J1 Work Visa

This is the main non immigrant for people wishing to work in the United States or students on exchange visit programs. This visa is divided into 14 different categories. This visa provides the opportunity for foreign nationals to study, teach, use specialist skills, and to receive training “on the job”.. The visa can range in time from a few weeks to a number of years.

Documentation needed of the J1 Work Visa

For anyone wishing to take up a work trainee post

  • A valid passport. This must show that will still remain current six months after the completion of your stay in the US.
  • One 2” x 2′ passport style photograph. Visa Emperor can supply you with the specific requirements for this photograph.
  • Applicants need to show to consular officers, that they will return to their home countries at the end of their designated period in the US.

These are a list of programs that an applicant can apply for in a trainee work program:

  • Physician
  • Au Pair
  • Teacher
  • Trainee

There is a very wide age range involved, extending from 14 to 79. You will also have to attend an interview in the consulate or embassy of your home country, as part of the application process.


Visa Emperor will be more than happy to step your through all the stages that are needed to get you an executive business visa or a work visa in the United States.

What to do next


Getting started is simple, just fill out our Free Assessment form, or call us for an assessment for the most suitable visa for you.

Click for Free