Family Based Green Card

Home >Family Based Green Card

Family Based Green Card

A Green Card gives you the right to work and live in the United States. This is usually for a period of two or ten years, when it will have to be renewed.

Family Based Green Card

Under the US system the Family Based Green Card is known as the Green Card Through Family

You have to be “immediate” of a citizen of the United States. The following conditions apply:

  • You will have to be the spouse of a United States citizen.
  • You are a unmarried child of a United States citizen.
  • Parent of a United States Citizen who is 21 years or older.

If you are a United States citizen or a relative with a “lawful permanent resident” under the “family based preference categories”, the following can apply:

  • An unmarried daughter or son of a United States citizen and are 21 years or are older.
  • Married daughter or son of a United States Citizen.
  • Sister or brother of a United States citizen and you are 21 years or older.
  • Spouse of a lawful permanent resident.

If you are the fiance of a United States Citizen or the child of a fiance, you can be granted a Green Card, in certain circumstances. This is also the case if you are a window or a widower of a United States citizen and were married to them when they died.

If you are the abused spouse or an unmarried child under the age of 21 , plus your partner was is a US citizen or a lawful permanent resident, you should be entitled to a Green Card. This can also apply if you are the abused parent of a US citizen.

Process of getting a Green Card

There are a number of stages that have to be gone through before a Green Card can be issued. This could include a possible medical check and a medical examination. Visa Emperor will help you with all these different stages.

What to do next


Getting started is simple, just fill out our Free Assessment form, or call us for an assessment for the most suitable visa for you.

Click for Free