Employers Nomination Scheme (186)
Home > Employers Nomination Scheme (186)
Employers Nominated Permanent Residency Visa (Subclass 186) ENS
Australia is one of the most fascinating countries to work and live in. At the same time there are lots of employment opportunities. This is a highly-developed country with very good health care and educational opportunities. There are number of different ways you can go about emigrating to Australia and finding work there. One system that could be explored is the Employer’s Nomination Scheme (186). Through the support of an Australian employer, you can find permanent residency in Australia.
What This Gives You?
You can enjoy all the benefits of being an Australian Citizens, although technically you will not be one.
This will mean:
- You can stay in Australia for as long as you like.
- For the first five years you can leave and re enter Australia frequently.
- Once in Australia, after fulfilling the eligibility criteria you can put in an application to become an Australian Citizen.
- You will have free or subsidized access to full health care in Australia, including ‘Australian Medicare’. You will also be eligible for legal services and various other supports.
- Your relatives can also be sponsored by you.
- If you travel abroad from Australia, you have the right to access full consular assistance.
- You and your family members have the right to undertake any educational courses.
- If you have any children that are born in Australia, they will become Australian Citizens automatically.
- You must have been nominated by an approved Australian Employer to work in one of the approved occupations.
- You must be under 50 years of age.
- You must meet the requirements needed in English Skills and Education.
- You will apply under the particular stream that you were nominated under.
- You will need to have your skills assessed by the appropriate Australian assessing authority.
- You must show you have had 3 years prior experience of working in your occupation.
- You should have a contract signed by you and your potential employer.
If you are applying under this scheme you must make sure that the following requirements are Fulfilled by your employer:
- That the business or concern is properly set up and legal, under current Australian legislation.
- They really need specific workers to join their concern or business.
- They are familiar with and follow all the relevant laws and procedures, concerning the employment of immigrant workers in Australia.
- They have planned out how they are going to train and familiarize new immigrant workers in their businesses and concerns. If they are a new concern, they must show they have strategies for dealing with and helping new immigrant workers.
- They are going to employ a new immigrant worker.
There are Three Steams or Alternative Routes by which you can apply under Employers Nomination Scheme (186)
1. Temporary Residence Transition Stream
This applies to one who is currently working under the “sub class” visa holders scheme 457. This means someone who has been working a total of two years for their nominated employer. This visa can be changed into permanent employment and residency visa for staying in Australia.
2. Direct Entry Stream
This applies to anyone who is currently outside Australia or in Australia on a temporary or bridging visa.
Secondly, You do not qualify for the ‘Temporary Residence Transition Stream’.You have been nominated by an employer in Australia.
3. Agreement Stream
This is where you have been sponsored by your potential employer through a labor agreement.
This is not going to be a major concern for someone who has worked in a profession or a skilled occupation for some years. You can see that there is a very comprehensive and wide ranging list of jobs. An official Australian body has validated almost each and every area of employment.
This list includes:
Botanist, Bricklayer, Vocation Education Teacher, Turf Grower, Magistrate, Make Up Artist, Radiation Oncologist, etc.
Can you apply, if you have not found an employer to nominate you?
You can show an “Expression of Interest” (EOI) , using “Skills Select”. Employers across various States and territories will look at your application, and if they are interested they will get in contact with you to set up an Employers Nomination Scheme (186) immigration visa.
Skills Select is an online system which is run by the Australian Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP). There is an online form for this. An applicant will then take a test. This is to evaluate their educational level and their overall proficiency in English. If you get successful in this, you show an EOI, an expression of interest in one of the permanent job application.
Once this has been completed and uploaded into the system, a prospective Australian employer, or a Territory or State government can invite you to go through the Visa Application process. In the present case it would be the Employers Nomination Scheme (186) Visa. Visa would be granted with the right to work and stay in Australia.
1. Prior to any successful application, you will be asked to show you are in good health. 2. Your police records in your home country or any other countries you have lived in, will be checked.
3. You must show that you do not owe any debts to the Australian Government.
Do not hesitate to ask Visa Emperor. We will Guide you through our experience and knowledge in successfully guiding you through the process of coming to live and work in Australia.