Child Visa

Home >Child Visa

Canada Child Visa

These are a set of visas to allow your relatives to come and stay with you permanently. They will be able to work, study and live in Canada.

Quebec Province as a separates system from the rest of Canada. This does run in parallel to the main Canadian federal system If you and your partner and spouse wish to live in stay in Montreal, for example, this will need to be looked into. Visa Emperor will be happy to help you with this.

You will need to be 18 years or older. You should be a Canadian citizen, or registered as an Indian, under the Canadian Indian act, or a permanent resident.

What are the Basic Requirements for a Canada Child Visa Sponsor?

As the sponsor you must make sure that you can provide the following for any family member coming to Canada.

This will include:

  • Basic food requirements for you and any additional family members.
  • Basic clothing will be needed. This needs to be looked at in a bit more detail. Some Canadian provinces and territories can reach very low winter temperatures. For anyone coming from a tropical region, this could be a shock. To leave a house without proper clothing during the winter, could be very dangerous.
  • Utilities, meaning gas, water and electricity. This could extend to having reasonable cooking facilities, plus heating and possibly air conditioning.
  • Basic shelter, again depending upon the region and territory will again have to cope with the range of weather experienced in different regions in Canada.
  • Personal requirements: A very big issue could schooling for both younger children, along with High school and College aged children. The correct school etc, possible language problems, and funding. These may all have to be looked into.
  • Fuel, this could be gas for cooking and heat. This could apply to transportation as well.
  • General household supplies.

It is important to demonstrate that you have sufficient income, plus additional resources to cover the further needs of any potential family member.

Who will require a Canada Child visa?

A dependent child can be sponsored by a Canadian citizen or someone with permanent residency in Canada and will require a child visa for Canada.

This covers quite a wide range of different family members.

This also covers adopted children. This can be a child you adopted from abroad, whilst you were resident in Canada as a citizen or a permanent resident. This can also apply to anyone wishing to adopt a child. Visa Emperor can help you with any specific details regarding this

Other Relatives

Other relatives include sisters, brothers, niece nephew, grand daughters and grand sons. In each case they will have to be under the age of 18. They should not be in a common law relationship or married.

What to do next


Getting started is simple, just fill out our Free Assessment form, or call us for an assessment for the most suitable visa for you.

Click for Free